1.24.2013

Frame x Frame: Freelensing My Shots

I've noticed lately that I am getting more and more into photography (which I make sure to claim to people that I am not a photographer because of my camera), so while I was looking at my Youtube subscriptions, I came across a video from DigitalRevTV explaining a different photography technique, which I felt inclined to try. The technique is called "Freelensing" and it involves taking pictures with the lens not attached to the camera.

I didn't know that my camera was capable of functioning without the lens attached, so I was curious to try this technique out, and I was impressed with the results. To explain the effect, when the lens is detached, the field of focus can be manipulated, so certain parts of the image are out of focus, while others are. It can even work with video, which I'll be excited to use for an upcoming project.



Learning new things to apply to my work is exciting and can lead to improving the production quality of my videos. As a creator, I need to constantly improve my craft and using new techniques can help make my work stand out. I will make an effort to seek out new skills and show it off to you all when I get the chance. Improvement never sleeps.

-Video Vix[o]n

No comments: