1.02.2012

Frame x Frame: New Year; New Blog

"Happy New Year to everyone. They say 2012 is suppose to be the end, but we'll show 'em it's the beginning of something dope." 

I shared this status on all of my social media sites as the new year rang in. Most people have been associating 2012 with "The New Apocalypse" ever since people discovered the Mayans ran out of months on their calender. I think of it as if we survived Y2K, we can survive an expired record of time from an ancient civilization. From what I've learned from "Doctor Who," the human race is quite resilient.

I spent the Eve with most of my close friends, being productive and merry; no Time Square, no crowds, just watching Dick Clark once more on the tube with my significant other. On New Year's Day, we decided to hit the town and just live within the NYC streets and the aftermath of the New Year buzz. We mainly went shopping and got some food, all to enjoy the NYC weather and the fresh 2012 air (despite the rain the followed later on that evening).


The New Year also dawned some new aesthetic changes to the blog; including a new header, links to my social networks and a new "Rewards" tab that viewers can receive points for visiting the site, as well as sharing my posts. The most significant change I made was deleting the majority of my old posts. For some, that may come as a shocker, but I think the issue with my blog was some of the old content was weighing down the new content. Plus I didn't want to continue focusing on what my blog was more than what my blog can become. Outside of that, I felt deleting posts would have been more progressive than deleting the whole blog all together. With some of these changes, including the addition of my new picture posts ("Frame x Frame"), I'm getting a new found rejuvenation to blog again. 

I could call all of this a New Year's resolution, but I rather call it a new commitment for a new year (possibly the same thing, but I digress). Happy New Year everyone and here's to the new posts coming ahead. 

-Video Vix[o]n

No comments: