1.17.2011

My Conscious, Revisited



A little over a year ago, I made a short about myself and how I was feeling called All By My Conscious Self. There was a lot going on with me back then and the only way I could express myself was by making a video. It came off emo and deep, but it captured who I was. When I posted it, people reacted to it and one person replied that it seemed like there was going to be a second part to it. At the time, I wasn't planning on a second part. It was suppose to be a stand alone piece just for my audience to get a glimpse of what was going on in my life and a visual look of my conscience going at each other. With all the events happening with me lately, something told me that I needed to go back to that place in my head where the creative met the emotional.
With everything that was happening to me in the past few weeks, I felt everything that I touched or tried to influence was backfiring on me. I bottled up my emotions because I thought those type of things only happen to me and I just accepted it. But what really broke me was when I trusted a decision I made to a loved one and they reacted adversely to it. The details are too much to go into, but basically I felt stupid for making a decision for myself, which lead to a rabbit hole of thoughts; I am irresponsible, I make dumb decisions, I can never free myself from the influence of others. I was a mess. I cried. I felt powerless. Added on to the fact that my internet connection stopped working at home, it was hard to communicate with the outside world what I was going through and the only person that I cried out for wasn't around.
I knew this video would be the only way I could find to deal with my feelings, let them out, and become stronger to move on. I just so happened to be sick when I shot everything. The storyline with my clone and my bad conscience fighting myself and everything else came to me automatically; I didn't write a script for it or anything, just shot. When it was all done, I put all of my energy into the editing process and it all felt so new. I put all that I could into the video and I think that's why it came out as good as it did. A piece of me is in this video and it definitely shows.
What I took from this video is I'm the only person who is going to make something happen for myself. I shouldn't make other peoples' feelings or opinions stop me from doing what I feel is right. It's not fair and I know that I would never do that to anyone else, so I could only think what makes people want to do that to me? At this point, I'm going in a little to deep, but basically, I can only move on from this video and do better things. I only hope that the events in my life won't push me to make a third addition to this unexpected series. But hey, that's what happens when you're all by your conscious self.
-Video Vix[o]n

2 comments:

Amber Steez said...

You are so creative its sickening.
I think our biggest critic is ourself. We can hurt ourselves more than anyone else can. As long as you keep your eyes focused on the light at the end of the tunnel you'll make it no matter what. I don't think its being emo, showing emotions is beautiful in my opinion. It allows people to see your real. I'm sounding like Oprah... lol
But I love the fact you were fighting your conscious thats something I do everyday. I over think everything and it drives me crazy.
"I'm not back cus I never left."

love you homie. keep doing your thing!

Unknown said...

BRO!!!! WE ARE STILL WINNING IN THIS THING!!!! LOL! DOPE VIDEO!!! i forgot how talented you are!