7.04.2012

Life on the Little Screen

Recently, I found about a couple of short film screeners which I was excited to attend and watch the works of some local filmmakers. I haven't been to a screener in a long time, probably due to me being involved with the inter-webs all the time. Sometimes, I forget that there are other people in NYC, beside myself, who are creating films as their passion. I also met some cool new filmmakers who showed off their pieces, and I have to say, the talent that I saw left something to be admired. Here are a few of the pieces I've seen.

JULIA DRAINS


WHITE SUGAR IN A BLACK POT
Click Title To Watch Trailer

TIED UP

As I continue my quest to create more films and earn my self-titled name of "Filmmaker," I realize that at some point down the line, I should step into the realm of screeners and "shopping" my films to film festivals and reach out to a different audience outside of Youtube. Creating online content is fun, but it's nothing compared to seeing the looks on people's faces watching your work and commending you for your good work. I don't feel like I'm at that point yet, but I'm getting there slowly. In the meanwhile, I'll continue to find out about more screeners and discover new filmmakers and their projects. Don't be surprised if you see my work at a film festival soon. 

-Video Vix[o]n

No comments: